Operation Drug Take Back
The WOPD is not currently accepting drugs from the public due
to WOPD building being closed for covid
DID YOU KNOW? You can drop off used/expired prescription medication at the West Orange Police Dept. 24/7.
ADAPT, the Essex County Division of Community Health, and the DEA formed partnerships with local municipal police departments to serve as collection sites. The permanent collection sites are open year-round so unwanted medications can be safely discarded at the public's convenience. Residents can dispose of their unused prescription drug medication by placing it in the marked collection sites. Dropping off medication is anonymous and safe. Residents should remove any identifying information from the medication containers, such as their name, address, telephone number and doctor's name. Medications that are collected are brought to a licensed facility where they are safely disposed.
Please be advised that we cannot accept any sharps, epi-pens, inhalers or items containing mercury in our unwanted prescription drop box.
The permanent collection locations, which are open year-round, are as follows:
- Belleville Police Department, 152 Washington Avenue, Belleville
- Bloomfield Police Department, 1 Municipal Plaza, Bloomfield
- Caldwell Police Department, 1 Provost Square, Caldwell
- East Orange Police Department, 15 South Munn Avenue, East Orange
- Fairfield Police Department, 230 Fairfield Road, Fairfield
- Glen Ridge Police Department, 3 Herman Street, Glen Ridge
- Irvington Police Department, 1 Civic Square, Irvington
- Livingston Police Department, 333 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston
- Millburn Police Department, 435 Essex Street, Millburn
- Montclair Police, Department, 647 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair
- Newark Police Department, 480 Clinton Avenue, Newark
- North Caldwell Police Department, 136 Gould Avenue, North Caldwell
- Nutley Police Department, 228 Chestnut Street, Nutley
- Orange Police Department, 29 Park Street, Orange
- West Orange Police Department, 60 Main Street, West Orange