UPDATE MAY 20, 2020
Municipal tennis courts will reopen on Friday, May 22nd at 6:00 am with guidelines in place. Please familiarize yourself with these guidelines prior to playing. A copy of the guidelines can be viewed by clicking here and will also be posted at each facility.
The West Orange Recreation Department continues to discuss COVID-19 information with Township and Board of Education officials while monitoring updates from local, state and federal officials. As we process this information, we are developing contingency plans for different scenarios. Our top priority is the health and safety of our participants and staff.
- Some programs are exploring the possibility of rescheduling for the summer months with proper safety guidelines.
- Travel leagues have cancelled and others are exploring the possibility of shifting their season to the summer months.
- Refund options for spring programs will be made available once a decision has been made on all spring programs. As future class sizes may be limited, priority registration is given to those already registered.
Ginny Duenkel Pool
- Preparations for the pool season are progressing as scheduled.
- The Early Bird deadline has been extended to May 31, 2020
- Specific dates, schedules and modifications will be instituted upon receiving the go ahead from the state government.
- In the event of a non-opening, memberships will be fully refunded. In the event of shortened season, various compensatory options are being considered.
Summer Programming and Special Events
- There is a possibility that some programs will be rescheduled to a later summer date or cancelled completely.
- Special Events are being reviewed on a case by case basis and may be rescheduled, cancelled or held in compliance with established safety guidelines.
The Township will continue to monitor these evolving conditions and implement actions based upon the best available guidance from state and federal officials. The Township will keep the community updated.
Exercise Your Brain
- As an at home recreation activity, the Recreation Department has launched a weekly Exercise Your Brain feature. Each week, we will be uploading a packet of brain teasers including word searches, crosswords, sudoku and more to www.westorange.org/brainexercise
Stay safe and healthy.