FALL LEAF COLLECTION PROCEDURE 2022
- Loose leaf pickup will begin on Monday, October 31st, 2022
- Loose leaves ONLY may be placed in the gutter of the streets beginning Monday, October 24th
- The last day residents can place leaves in the street is Monday December 12th
- The last day that leaves will be picked up is Wednesday, December 28th.
- No Branches or any other debris such as rocks, building material or garbage shall be placed in leaf piles.
- Do not block drainage inlets, driveways and cross walks. Keep leaves 10 feet away from drainage inlets and keep the leaves 3 feet from the curb to allow the water to flow to the drains.
Use of biodegradable leaf bags is encouraged at all times. Leaf bags will only be collected weekly from October 1st thru December 30TH, 2022. Spring pickup of bagged leaves will be from March 1st, 2023 through May 31st, 2023 ONLY. ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING SHALL BE PLACED IN THE STREET AT ANY TIME OTHER THAN THE DESIGNATED PICK UP TIME IN THE FALL WHICH IS FOR LOOSE LEAVES ONLY. Leaf bags may be obtained at the Public Works Building-25 Lakeside Ave. They can be purchased 5 bags for $2.
These procedures only apply to public municipal streets. For the collection schedule for both loose leaves and bagged leaves along County Roads, call: 973-226-8500 or check www.essexcountynj.org for additional information call
973-325-4067 or visit the Township’s web site at www.westorange.org
Leaf collection will continue until all leaves are removed from the streets. For safety reasons, please do not park on or play in the leaf piles. The Public Works Department removes approximately 15,000 cubic yards of leaves during an average season. Sometimes Mother Nature does not cooperate. There may be rain and snow storms during the pickup cycles also trees not dropping all their leaves on their schedule not ours may delay leaf collection. Your patience and cooperation during leaf season is and will be appreciated.