Click to Home

Go To Search
What do I do with my leaves?
From October 22nd to December 14th, Public Works picks up curbside leaf piles on every street in the town with the exception of county roads. Leaves at curbside shall be placed according to the leaf schedule on the website. There are usually at least two loose leaf pickups per season, weather permitting. From October to the end of December and from March to the end of May leaves can be placed in biodegradable paper bags for pick up. During March thru May residents should contact Public Works to schedule a leaf bag pick up. Leaf bags can be purchased from the Engineering Department (25 Lakeside Avenue),the Purchasing Department (66 Main Street) or the Environmental Center (590 Mt. Pleasant Avenue) for .40 cents each bag (5/$2.00). These biodegradable bags are for leaves ONLY, bags containing materials other than leaves, such as grass, branches, dirt, or stones will not be accepted. Home owners residing on a county road should contact the Essex County Public Works to get a Fall Leaf Pick up Schedule.

Public Works

Show All Answers

1. How do I dispose of grass clippings?
2. What do I do with my leaves?
3. What do I do with tree branches?
4. How do I get my town tree trimmed or removed?
5. How do I get a pothole repaired?
6. How do I get my street swept?
7. How do I get my street snow plowed?
8. What do I do if I have a problem with my sanitary sewer?
9. What do I do if my recyclables are not collected?
10. What do I do if I have a problem with my water, electricity or gas?
11. What do I do if a street light is out on my street?
12. What do I do if there is water running in the street?
13. What if the catch basin at the curb line has debris or is in need of repair?
14. What do I do if a street sign is down or has graffiti on it?
15. Who can help me if I have issues or concerns with a neighboring home owner?
16. What do I do if my property was damaged by a town owned vehicle?
17. The town removed a dead town tree from in front of my home, how do I get a replacement tree?
18. What do I do if there is broken glass or paint on the street ?
19. My street needs to be repaved, who do I contact?